Sunday, February 10, 2013

10-Feb-2013

Thesis Project
Not a whole lot of news here.  Working on my Lit Review mostly.  I did receive word that I will be able to get sponsorship from Advanced Circuits on PCB fabrication, which is great.  I was also able to start getting setup in the Robotics Lab at UIC.

I did start a project for my Robotics class, which I may be able to use onboard my UAV.  It's a ROS-APM-Kinect implementation, here's a project page on my wiki:  http://code.google.com/p/icarus-uav-system/wiki/ROS_APM_KINECT

Maybe I should come up with a better name.

I was originally going to do a XPlane HIL Simulator but I found after some research that this really wasn't a very good project, since XPlane isn't a very good simulation environment for anything beyond a normal airplane.

ROS, APM & Kinect Project
Here's some CAD of the design:


The biggest hurdle I'm having right now is implementing MAVLink communications between my ROS Laptop and the APM Flight Controller.  But I have made some progress.  I will keep updating the wiki page listed above as I make more progress, but I plan on posting all relevant code and operating instructions when they are available.

I will probably only do blog posts every 2 weeks for now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment