Sunday, December 30, 2012

30-Dec-2012

Thesis Project
I was able to get a lot done this week on my project.


  • I was able to get a large portion of the electrical schematics made for my project.  I had debated which software to use, eventually I decided to use DesignSpark as I was familiar with the interface and there were no constraints, and it was free.  Eventually I may use Autocad Electrical, as it can interface with Inventor (which I'm using for the mechanical design) but for now I'll stick with DesignSpark.  Here is the schematic:



  • I was able to buy all the major electrical components that I need to further the design process.  The things I didn't buy were: Servo's, Motors, ESC's and a battery.  But since I have some of these already I can at least test the operation for prototyping processes.
  • I started the next iteration of the design process.  Here are some preliminary pictures:

By using Balsa wood I'm project a weight at about 8 pounds, a lot lighter than the last time!  I still have a lot of work to do on this design, including adding the motors/propellers, some aero work and the rest of the analysis but this one is getting close.  I'm hoping that with this iteration I would be able to go ahead and actually build a fully functional QTW without any extra refinements, although I doubt that this design will go unaltered in the future.

That's all for now.  Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment