Sunday, December 23, 2012

23-Dec-2012

Merry Christmas!
Of course this is Christmas.  Here are some cool Xmas Videos.


Thesis
This week I was able to finish documenting the design process for the last iteration of development for the ICARUS Flyer, version 4, Revision A, Iteration 1 (v4RevA.1).  It is located here.  I won't spoil the results but the big takeaway is that, surprise surprise it won't fly.  Of course after performing a modest literature review I knew that anyway.  But now I know exactly why it won't fly, and how close I was.  

I've also started figuring out good figures of merit for the next design iteration, such as good wing loading numbers, aspect ratio, etc.  The next design iteration is also going to include a detailed cad model of the rib/spar arrangement for each wing, motor mounting, component mounting, fuselage structure, etc. along with a better look at the aerodynamic design process, so I'm assuming this next iteration will take much more time.

I also received an awesome board, the Parallax QuickStart which I plan on using for any optional hardware such as ultrasonics or other components.

That's all for now.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment